Prerequisite: Level 1 Obedience or Trainer Approval
This class builds on basic obedience: sit, down, stay, wait
For: All dogs
Course Length: 6 Weeks
Course Cost: $195
Course Cost: $195
Ages: Any age as long as they have had all their shots
Pre-register and we will email you when class will begin.
If you are interested in getting a AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Title:
- You need to take and pass the test which consists of 10 exercises:
- You will need your dog's AKC number.
- For mixed breeds you will need to get a Canine Partners Number from AKC. The form can be download by clicking on this link: AKC Canine Partners Number Form.
- The test is scheduled after completion of the training class in our facility.
- There is an additional fee for the test.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen certification signifies responsible ownership and that your dog has good manners.
- Passing the AKC CGC test is a prerequisite for some homeowner insurance companies and for therapy dog organizations.
- Dogs under one year old that pass the test will need to retake the test in a year.
The training exercises consist of :
- Accepting a friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting
- Appearance and grooming
- Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
- Walking through a crowd
- Sit and down on command and staying in place.
- Coming when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reaction to distraction
- Supervised separation from owner
Class Schedule for 2021
Next class: Thursday September 9, 2021 at 6pm - Depends on Enrollment
*Please note that there needs to be at least 3 people who register for a class. If there are not enough people that class will be canceled.
Please note: You will need to provide copies of Up-To-Date Vaccinations records : Rabies, Distemper & Kennel Cough
Note: Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccination – given within the year but at least 10 days prior to the start of class.
Please pre-register and we will email you when class will begin.